Sere Welfare Group was started by 21 members on 6th June 2001 as Sere Self-Help Group with specific vision, mission and objectives. The
membership has grown to more than 330 at present showing that many people identify with the aspirations of the Group. The Group has managed to pool
resources and give loans to members. It is now putting up business premises.
To be a socio-economic organisation of choice.
To facilitate members earn from other sources income which exceeds that from current formal employment.
- To uplift the educational and economic status of the members and their local communities.
- To develop and uphold the best of the cultural, social and economic heritage of the members and their local communities.
- To be a forum where members would give each other financial, social, emotional, mental and spiritual support whenever necessary.
- To acquire properties and chattels and do such other things as may be approved by members.
- To raise or borrow money for all or any of the foregoing objectives in such manner and upon such security as may from time to time be determined by the Group.
- To transform itself into a co-operative society at an appropriate time.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the foregoing objectives.
A member must:
- Be aged 18 years and above;
- Be employed by a reputable employer *or* be engaged in legal gainful business;
- Be willing to abide by all the rules and regulations of the Group; and
introduced by two members of the Group who have been active for a period of
not less than one year.
The Executive Committee may elect as an honorary member of the Group any person it may think fit to honour, either for life or for such period as the Committee may deem appropriate.
The Executive Committee has power to refuse or accept to membership any applicant and also to suspend a member from his/her membership on specific grounds.
SERE Welfare Group,
P.O. Box 8437 - 30100,